Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Mountain Spring


 Mountain Spring

Nature pulled out all the stops:
the robins hopping
across the verdant grass,
the mourning dove cooing

in the greening woods,
the chatter of songbirds,
a cloud of blackbirds
soaring over the maples

bursting forth with rubies.
Hyatt-Mill Creek laughing,
the spring peppers croaking,
and the Blue Ridge Mountains

breaking out with new life.
The Bradford pear trees
blooming like ice-cream cones,
jonquils popping up as lemon drops.

The yellow bell bush ringing,
a choir of cardinals singing:
spring pulled out all the stops.
Listen.  Look.  Stop.
                 --Brenda Kay Ledford

Hopefully, spring is coming early here in western North Carolina.  I hope all my blogger friends will have a beautiful spring soon.


3 comments:

Donna said...

Love the poem!
Spring is on it's way here in Central Texas, as well! I'm SO glad!
hugs
Donna

BVLW said...

This is a beautiful blog. I want to ease in and be a part of the beautiful walk down the path, and just keep going as I looked for all the things you listed in the spring poem.
bvlw

Glenda Beall said...

Brenda, I understand winter has dropped in again and I hope the flowers and flowering trees survive. Love your poem and photos.