Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Observe Little Things


Sometimes we get so busy or preoccupied that we don't notice little things.  I decided to make a list of little things I noticed in nature.

According to Amelia Rhodes,  "You may look back and realize they were big things."

Here's a list of little things I observed:

A butterfly on a sunflower

Scarlet leaves on a dogwood branch

Buttercups like stars scattered on the verdant grass

A hummingbird sipping nectar from the four-o-clock flowers

Dewdrops glittering like gems in the morning sun

Three wild turkeys gobbling from the woods

A tiny brown moth with white spots in its wings

One little purple flower popping up on my lawn

Fog rising like smoke signals from the mountains

Waves sparkling like diamonds on Lake Chatuge.

These are some of the little things I noticed when I really observed the wonders of nature.

I hope all my blogger friends are well and having a great summer as the autumn arrives.


Goldenrods dotting the mountains and coves of Appalachia.

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Hi Brenda, thanks for leaving your lovely words on my blog. I, also, find new friends after visiting another blog, and that's how it happens so easily across the oceans. We have a frost here this morning, Thursday 11th. Love your flowers and words.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Once we start looking at nature, there are so many little things that can bring a smile.

Hill Top Post said...

I love this post. I will notice closely and make my own list. Thanks for the inspiration!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You are so right, Brenda! I try to take pictures outside most days, just to remind myself Louis Armstrong was right - What a Wonderful World!

Granny Sue said...

Little things bring such jot and contented essential, don't they. All part of being mindful.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sometimes we forget to notice the "little things" because we're looking for the big ones, Brenda. This was a good reminder. Also, thanks for the well wishes on our recent anniversary, much appreciated.