Friday, July 15, 2022

Summer


 

Under the maple tree,
a summer breeze blowing,
butterflies flit among the honeysuckle,
a bluebird lifts a merry note.

Daddy cuts a watermelon,
juice runs down the chins
of children spitting seeds
under the maple tree.

Sheep clouds skip through azure skies,
free fall to the mountains,
zinnias caress the fence,
a summer breeze blowing.

The neighborhood kids 
roll up their jeans,
splash through the icy creek,
butterflies flit among the honeysuckle.
                 --Brenda Kay Ledford



I wish my blogger friends a very happy summer season!

Brenda 


5 comments:

Donna said...

Love the poem! Such sweet words and memories...
Happy Summer!
hughugs
Donna

Hill Top Post said...

I love this poem. It is definitely one of my favorites.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love it, Brenda! The zinnias are so colorful and pretty and I love that you had them caress the fence!

Glenda Beall said...

I love the photos you post with your poems. Beautiful!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such lovely photos and a sweet poem!
Wishing you a wonderful summer!