Tuesday, June 29, 2021

SUMMER

 


I savor the blue-diamond mountains
unfurling like bolts of denim,
emerald fields of corn  pop up
beside Hyatt-Mill Creek

babbling past Holcomb's Farm
as black angus cattle graze
in celery-colored pastures.
Monarch butterflies flit

and dip on knockout roses,
the bluebirds sing cheerful
ballads in the piney woods.
On this summer day,

sunbeams burst through the clouds
and dance across Lake Chatuge
sparkling with a thousand diamonds,
I wade through the icy waters.
                --Brenda Kay Ledford






7 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely photos and verse.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh those wonderful colors of summer! I would love to see those blue-diamond mountains. Your words and pictures are all so beautiful. Happy summer to you!

Janet, said...

Lovely, Brenda. Summer is beautiful and busy! Love your pics

lil red hen said...

A wonderful description of your mountains. You truly live in a beautiful area.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How beautiful the mountains and trees with the sun streams shining down! You poetry is so evocative. I love it.

Laurel Wood said...

Oh, how very beautiful. This is Mildred. I used to live in north GA but have recently relocated to SC. My niece and many friends live in Blue Ridge. Oh, how I love the mountains. 💕

Mari said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog!
This is just beautiful. I don't have any mountains near me in Michigan, but I sure do love them. I can picture it through your poem and it's ever so peaceful.