Friday, December 18, 2020

Christmas Cactus

 



Oh, Christmas cactus

within your lovely space,

you chase away the cold winter winds.

Among your red blooms,

I recall the past seasons

when our family gathered

for the Christmas dinner 

and unwrapped presents

before the flaming fireplace.

The cactus!  The cactus!

Come give the cactus a song.

I caress your satin buds,

laugh, and sing carols.

Oh, Christmas cactus!

How do you know 

to bloom on His birthday?

--Brenda Kay Ledford


I wish all my blogger friends a blessed Christmas overflowing with peace and joy!

Brenda 




5 comments:

lil red hen said...

Is this blooming in your home? It's absolutely beautiful! We were gifted with a poinsettia, but I like the cactus much better. ;) I need to get a cutting from my daughter (but I think hers bloomed at Thanksgiving). Thank you for being such a dear friend over these months when I haven't blogged.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful plant. Those flowers always remind me of orchids. Merry Christmas to you.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Beautiful Christmas cactus! How I love them. Yours are a lot prettier than mine! I like your poem, too, as always! Merry Christmas!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such a lovely plant and wishes!
Wishing you a blessed new year!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Lovely poem, The Christmas Cactus is a beautiful plant and pretty blooms.
Happy New Year to you and your family! Have a great day!