Wednesday, March 13, 2024

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY


 

UNICORNS CELEBRATE ST. PADDY'S DAY

Jack Frost threw
a party last night,
thousands of diamonds
sparkle on my lawn.

Whipped cream covers
the limbs of dogwoods,
marshmallow clouds
float through sapphire skies.

My tea kettle hisses,
I sip spiced-apple cider
and hang a shamrock
on the frozen window

flickering with snowflakes.
Winter takes her last stand
and carves ice sculptures
as tulips shiver in the wind.

I huddle under bundles of blankets
and dream of unicorns
wearing emerald shamrocks
on horns glittering with gold.
                    --Brenda Kay Ledford

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO MY BLOGGER FRIENDS!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I absolutely love it!! Even better than Seuss, so full of imagery!

Prims By The Water said...

Happy St Patty's Day! Janice

Jeanette said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!