Friday, April 28, 2023

Mother's Day

 

                                                       Brenda and her Mama Blanche


GARDENING

I put on Mama's T-shirt,
donned her jade jacket
that she wore to garden.

Her sweet spirit remained,
I felt her loving  presence
planting my sunflower seeds.

She savored gardening,
she grew vegetables and flowers,
her favorite color was green.

The wind blew through
grass like waves on the sea,
a royal-blue tent watched

above the Cherry Mountain.
A rain crow resounded
and tranquility filled my soul.
                 --Brenda Kay Ledford

I wish all my blogger friends a very Happy Mother's Day.
Love,
Brenda 

5 comments:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Beautiful, Brenda! The picture and the poem. Thank you.

Donna said...

What a lovely photo!! I know you cherish it...
hugs
Donna

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such a sweet photo of you and your mom. Your poem/tribute is so lovely......
it makes me miss my own mother. Wishing you a blessed and happy Mother's day!

BVLW said...

Thank you for the reminder that "Mother's Day is very special. The posting is beautiful.
BVLW

Glenda Beall said...

I love the photo of you and Blanche. Mother's Day makes me sad as I remember my own dear mother who has been gone many years now.