Thursday, January 13, 2022

My Special Valentine


 My little niece

is growing up so fast.

I want our special

moments to last forever.

I cherish the times we have shared.

Holding you in my arms as a baby girl,

Reagan's beautiful blue eyes sparkling

as she smiled at Aunt Brenda.

Our bond formed even then,

I recall your learning to ride a tricycle,

hosting a tea party for your Sesame Street friends,

splashing through mud puddles in your orange rain boots,

ballet dancing with pink bows in your blonde curls;

I think of you night and day and so proud

of the little lady you have become:

a smart, spunky first grader.

I savor all the fun we have,

you will always be my special Valentine! 



7 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

She is a sweetheart.

Mari said...

Sweet words and such a cute little girl!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

She is so pretty and what a sweet poem/tribute you have written for her.

Hootin Anni said...

I love this. Your special bond is...well, SPECIAL!!

Granny Marigold said...

A lovely tribute to a much-loved niece!!

Henny Penny said...

She is so adorable. I love what you wrote about her.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your niece is beautiful! And what wonderful memories, that this poem will now preserve into the future.