Tuesday, September 28, 2021

A Girl and Her Dog


 

My great-niece and her dog

are the best of friends.

After a hard day of work

in the first grade,

Reagan has fun with her dog, Henry,

playing catch ball in the yard,

splashing in the lake

(with Mama watching),

and singing a merry tune.

There's nothing to worry about,

homework all done,

just running and jumping

with a girl's best friend.

Joy and song,

catching golden leaves

as they twirl and turn

on gusts of wind,

like birds let loose from their cages,

little Reagan and Henry are

two of the best buddies:

a girl and her dog savor

the lovely season of fall.

          --Brenda Kay Ledford




I hope all my blogger friends will have a lovely fall and enjoy this beautiful season.

Some call it autumn, others call it God!


8 comments:

Mari said...

Such a sweet photo of that cute little girl and beautiful dog! The poem brings out the fun and joy of childhood!

Glenda Beall said...

Your niece is so pretty and I know she is well-loved. I like the photo with the handsome dog. Thanks.

Hill Top Post said...

I love the words "joy and song." They certainly describe this wonderful piece about your beautiful niece and her dog. Happy fall and happy October to you!

Hootin Anni said...

I can relate back Tomy own childhood with this prose. And such a sweet couple of best buddies!!

Continue dancing in the autumn breeze!!!

Henny Penny said...

This is so sweet; your niece and the dog, and the poem. Oh, I've just caught up with your posts, back to the beautiful sunflowers. I LOVE the fall poem in your last post. Actually, I love them all.

Granny Marigold said...

Wishing you all the best in this glorious season!!

Susie Swanson said...

I love this Brenda and she is a sweet young lady. I wish you a great Fall as well.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your great niece and her dog are both so cute together! I always love your words with your photos. Wishing you pleasant autumn days!