Friday, May 7, 2021

Mother's Day


It's the first Mother's Day without my precious mama.  I never imagined the deep sorrow I'd experience when she passed away on April 14, 2021 at age 98.

You can't erase 69 years we had together.  We were tight.  Went everywhere together, did everything together.  Church.  Events on the town square.  Dinners.  Trips.  Weddings. Funerals. Visiting folks.

What a loss!

When I think I've gotten over grief, raw emotions spill over like an avalanche.

Mama was always there for me loving and  protecting me.  I cared for her 2 1/2 years bedridden.  Did everything for her.  I would still be caring for her if only...

So what was the purpose of so much pain and suffering?  

Rev. Joel Osteen says, "You have come from being a patient to a physician."

He says when you suffer so much, you move from needing comfort; a patient, to being a physician and giving comfort to others who are going through the trials you endured.

This thing called death is a hard, sorrowful journey.  But I believe through  the eyes of faith, I'm not alone.

I believe Mama is in heaven.  She's happy, set free from pain and suffering, and rejoicing with loved ones who have  gone before.  Best of all, she's with Jesus!

Never take your mother for granted.  If she's still alive, hug, kiss, and love her.  She may not be here next year on Mother's Day.

I wish all my blogger friends a very happy and blessed Mother's Day.  Mothers are special and you are loved.

Brenda




 

8 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

What a beautiful picture of your mother. I miss my mother every day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hugs to you. Losing a loved one is very hard, but God will carry you through this.

lil red hen said...

Brenda, I'm so sorry. But it is so wonderful to have those precious memories of your years together. My mama passed away almost 34 years ago at the age of 73, much too soon to let her go. But, like you said of your mother, I know she's with Jesus,and waiting for us to join her.

BVLW said...

A message just to say that many warm and heartfelt thoughts are there with you today.
BVLW

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful tribute Brenda. I'm sending lots of hugs your way and many prayers. My mother is in Heaven also and I miss her so much. God Bless you on this beautiful Mother;s Day.

Granny Marigold said...

The first Mother's Day without our beloved mother is the hardest. As is the first Christmas, the first Easter... But it does get easier. May God be your comfort.

Janet, said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mother. You were blessed to have her with you for so many years.It is so hard losing your mother, mine passed away in 1996 at the age of 72. I still miss her.May God comfort you.

Laurel Wood said...

Oh, I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your mother had a relationship much like mine with my mother. We did everything together and were best friends. I cared for her the last ten years of her life and treasured every single minute. The grief lasts a long time but you and I are thankful and blessed to know our loved ones are with Jesus and that as believers, we will be Reunited again one day. God bless you.💞