Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Parade of Tulips


 

PARADE OF TULIPS

Wide-eyed people flocked
to hundreds of tulips
bursting forth as kaleidoscopes
at Young Harris College.

The students set up tripods
beside the Harris Chapel,
took photographs of friends;
the parade of flowers

marched with lemon, cherry,
tangerine, grape, and strawberry
banners to the chorus
of robins hip-hopping

over the verdant grass.
I savored the flavors
of the tulips as they whispered
peace to my troubled soul.
                --Brenda Kay Ledford

This poem appeared in "West End Poets Newsletter,"
                                       www.westendpoetsweekend.com
                                       March/April/May 2022 issue





8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful words to describe the lovely Tulips.

Mari said...

I love tulips! I live near Holland, MI, where so many people come every year to the tulip festival.
"I savored the flavors of the tulips" - Great line!

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely poem. We've visited fields of tulips and they are a sight to see.
I got a good chuckle from your last post. I've had 2 little boys with screeching balloons flying around my kitchen. I can only imagine an entire class.

Hootin Anni said...

Exceptional truths of today's times

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, how I love this poem and the tulips! Robins hip hopping is my favorite! Good job!!!

Henny Penny said...

I love your beautiful tulip poem. Aren't tulips beautiful! Every year I plan to plant tulip bulbs and thenforget. There are one or two that come up and bloom from years ago and I love them.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Tulips do have a way of bring peace and serenity. I love your poem and the tulips in the photos are so pretty. I have tulips that have sprouted in my greenhouse, but not yet ready to bloom.

Glenda Beall said...

I love tulips and your poem is full of images. I really like it.