Friday, December 17, 2021

Christmas Kindness


 

I was rushing through the crowded isles at the Dollar General Store trying to dodge people, products, and find presents.  It was difficult maneuvering the shopping cart around boxes blocking the path.  I was looking at the shelves for a gift and bam!  Bang!  Crash!

I hit a box with my shopping cart and dozens of  Hershey candy bars flew all over the floor.  I was so embarrassed.  I wanted to hide.  I looked around to see if anyone saw me make the blunder, then started to pick up bar after bar of candy scattered like an avalanche in the store.

A real sweet lady walked up and gave me a sympathetic look.  She had three children with her and it was obvious she had her hands full with childcare.  The young lady didn't miss a beat, bent down and started helping me to pick up candy bars.  "I won't stack them as nicely as they did," she said.

"Oh, thank you.  Thank you!" I  exclaimed.  "You are so  kind  to help me."

She smiled and wished me a Merry Christmas as she and her children walked joyfully to check out.

I was so blessed by her random act of kindness and  thought, "Now, this is the true spirit of Christmas.  We could use a lot more kind  people like this lady who will take time from their busy lives to help other people."

This is what Christmas is all about.  As my pastor says, "Love was born  at Christmas."

I wish all  my blogger friends a very happy,  healthy, and blessed Christmas.





4 comments:

Mari said...

Kindness is so such a gift! I was also the recipient of some random kindness this week and it made me day!

lil red hen said...

And may you also have a blessed Christmas! Charlotte

Henny Penny said...

That was very kind of the lady. It sure help during an embarrassing moment like that. My post tonight is about the kindness of a man we don't know, but he returned our package that was delivered to the wrong address. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Love your last post. That is such a pretty tree too.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How sweet! Makes your heart happy to see there are still so many good people in the world, doesn't it? When so much focus is on the bad ones, it's good to see there are still LOTS of good ones!
Merry Christmas!