Friday, December 4, 2020

Deck the Lodge

 


Brasstown Resort decked

with evergreen boughs,

red ribbons wrap the stairs,

mistletoe and wreaths hung.

Lights glow on the tree

trimmed with old-fashioned ornaments,

the logs brightly burning

in the rock fireplace.

The resort is filled with cheer,

merry Christmas music,

drinking apple cider,

the snowcapped pine branches,

and thousands of crystals glitter

on the Brasstown Bald;

cardinals chatter at the feeders,

paper chains hug the tree.

               --Brenda Kay Ledford

This poem appeared in "West End Poet's Newsletter,"

                                     December/January/ February 2021

www.westendpoetsweekend.com

I wish all my blogger friends a very Merry Christmas and joyful New Year!

Jesus is the reason for the season!!!





6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely and descriptive. Merry Christmas to you as well.

BVLW said...

After I read your lovely poem, I closed my eyes and I could see it all. You painted a beautiful picture in words that left lasting images.
BVLW

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Pretty! And I LIKE that tree! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, too.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A lovely poem, Brenda Kay, and it does evoke such nice imagery. My best wishes to you and yours for the Merriest Christmas possible and hope for a better and Happy New Year for us all. Thanks for your visits and comments on my recent blog posts, much appreciated.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Your poem brings to mind, a lovely scene.

🎄 🎅 🎁 🎄

Glenda Beall said...

I appreciate your photos and your poems, Brenda. Happy New Year!