Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Fall Shindig

 


Fall buck dances across
the Blue Ridge Mountains stamping
foliage with scarlet and golden glitter.

Out of the cocoon of summer,
geese resound and wedge
through the sapphire skies.

The woods break out singing,
a cloud of milkweed seeds catapult
like parachutes on the wind.

Maples reflect like embers
on the Brasstown Crek,
Hassletine races to catch flying leaves.
                  --Brenda Kay Ledford

Reprinted from:  "West End Poets Newsletter,"
                             September/October/November issue

Wishing all my blogger friends a Happy Autumn!


6 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Such a beautiful poem, Brenda Kay. You captured the essence of fall. Blessings!

Jeanette said...

Happy September!

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely Autumn poem. My favourite season.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

This is a beautiful poem, Brenda Kay! And the photo is wonderful as well. Happy Autumn (almost now) to you! Thank you so much for sharing. Thank you for your visit and kind comment on my blog, I really appreciate this so much!

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Happy autumn Brenda Kay and thank you for this poem, it's lively and kind of happy.

Henny Penny said...

Hey Brenda Kay. I love the poem! I've missed you lately. I am trying to get back to blogging and stick with it. Fall is almost here!!

Fantastic Fall

  FANTASTIC FALL by Brenda Kay Ledford           Fall is a splendid-sad season.   She overloads the senses with colors exploding as fi...