Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Spring Dreams


 

SPRING DREAMS

Today I dream of spring:
tulips burning like fire
in the majestic mountains.

I celebrate the promise
of spring in midwinter:
the robins singing and flocking 

across my lawn 
like orange blankets.
The purple tulips

will pop up as blackberries
from the hard, cold ground.
"Winter can't last forever,"

the bulbs seem to say.
Knockout roses are just
waiting to put on a show

across the countryside.
The jonquils wearing golden
garments won't be upstaged.

They will spread churned
butter among the verdant grass.
Hold on just a little longer.

Nature gives her promise
that she will breakdance
in bold colors sooner than later.
                    --Brenda Kay Ledford 



7 comments:

Donna said...

Can't wait for Spring...love the poem.
hugs
Donna

BVLW said...

After reading your touching poem along with the pretty flowers, I don't know if I can hold myself down until spring comes. It's my favorite season after the dull winter months.
BVLW

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I can hardly wait for Spring to SPRING!!! Right now we just have mud soup all around. Soon, it will be here soon.
Love your word pictures. I can see it all!

Granny Marigold said...

O yes, I am anxiously waiting for Spring too.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your lovely words ring so true.......as this time of year I yearn for spring! Love your photos! Wishing you pleasant February days!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Thank you! I needed that poem, and I do love it. I am weary of winter. And we haven't had a really bad one, I'm just ready for SPRING!!!

Glenda Beall said...

Spring is teasing us with the early flowers and budding trees. I can't wait to plant flowers. Thanks for the poem and lovely photos, Brenda.